Polygel generally refers to one of the methods of nail care and their enhancements. It comes hand-in-hand with the poly gel slip solution and the slip solution alternatives. Have you ever curated nail art with poly gel and slip solution? They are the ideal combinations to give your nails a never-before look. It is said that the tradition of nail extension has been adopted from the Chinese tradition. The art was only limited to women of the noble class. Imagine how life was tough then! But you don’t have any limitations. Experience flawless nail art with poly gel products and the slip solution.
An in-depth Analysis of Polygel
Do you know what a polygel slip solution is? The liquid thinner solution you typically use while doing polygel nails is the polygel solution. Those nails are undeniably attractive. When you squeeze the gel tube, isn’t it gummy and gloopy? The slip solution dilutes the polygel, so it is easy to apply. The consistency of the solution majorly depends on the temperature. The solution works best at 15° C or 60°F and 21°C or 71°F. Playing with the solution is the only option if the surrounding temperature is either less or more than the mentioned temperature. Is this information making you a bit worried? Relax! Click the down arrow for the expert’s theories.
What Are the Benefits of Using Slip Solution for Nail Enhancement?
This is the easiest and health-friendly way of giving your nails a contemporary look. In addition, you must also know its other benefits:
- Do you want to experience nail art often? Try these slip solution-based poly nails. The
- The solution is entirely safe as it is hydro-based.
- Create any looks you like, from funky to simple trending ones. This solution is compatible with all kinds of creative designs.
- It does not leave behind any residual particles once it dries up.
- From beginner to professional, it is famous for its ease of accessibility. Thus, you do not need to take the help of any specialized equipment or expertise.
- You can use it on both artificial and natural nails.
What Are the Best Slip Solution Alternative?
Knowing the alternatives is the best idea. You can try these alternatives if you need the slip solution handy. They are also similarly effective in holding your nail decor in place. Some of the popular alternatives are:
- Specific Base Coats: This is one of the safest alternatives! You can apply a transparent base coat. It will create a smooth texture on your nail bed. It is also a great tip to make your manicure long-lasting.
- Nail Paint Remover: This acrylic slip solution alternative is another fantastic product. Nail paint removers are usually used for cleaning nail polish. However, they can be an excellent substitute for slip solutions. Only the acetone-free remover is effective since it is easy to transform into a sticky element. This should be your last resort as it may reduce the lifespan of polygel nails.
- Hand Sanitizer with 70% Alcohol: Hand sanitizer has versatile utilities. They are typically used to destroy the germs on your hands and nails. They can be your on-the-go solution for poly nail crafting. Before you apply the sanitizer, make sure to read the quantity of alcohol in the product. It must contain an alcohol of 70%.
- Vodka: Yes, you read it right! The one drink which can be a constant entertainment booster of your party can also have potential usage! Vodka is scientifically proven to be an effective alternative to the polygel slip solution. It acts as a disinfectant. It is skin-friendly. Another perk of using this alternative is while washing after removal; it does not leave any residue.
- Nail Strengthening Primer: You can apply the strengthening primer for nail extension. How? It will make a strong coat for your original nails, safeguarding them from discoloration and staining.
- Rubbing Alcohol: Almost all slip solution products contain alcohol. It is the same as the gel base nail rubbing alcohol product. Thus, you can use any alcohol-based nail products as the solution for the polygel nails.
- Gel Base Nail Coat: This base coat has a watery consistency. Hence, it is a thumbs-up substitute for to slip solution. You can use it as a conventional slip solution alternative.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: 99% of isopropyl alcohol is the best alternative! You can also use 70% of this alcoholic solution or pure alcohol. Whichever solution is higher can be used.
- DIY Slip Solution: Water can be used for the DIY slip solution. It is the easiest and the best hack to use
Steps to Use Slip Solution Effectively
The slip solutions are used whenever you are working with polygel nails. They make the gummy substance will be a daunting product to work without this solution—the combination of the two works fine for the compelling nail extension art.
- The right way of application also matters to get a perfect outcome. You will get a perfect result if you follow the below application tips:
- Clean the nails thoroughly so that there is no residue whatsoever. The residue particles will become an obligation to fitting the artificial nails.
- Squeeze the polygel on the surface where you will be doing the art. It can be the tip, the middle of the nail, or another surface. A standard-sized drop is an ideal quantity.
- Take a spare nail polish applicator. Dip the brush (the brush you are working with) into the slip solution.
- Start dabbing the polygel to mold it according to the shape of your nails. If you are doing art on the entire nail, start from the cuticles. A stroke from the cuticle to the edge is the perfect one!
- The wet applicator helps easy maneuvering and curates an excellent and perfect shape.
While using the gel, you must be aware of both the precautions and the threats:
- When using the gel, you should avoid contact with your eyes. Taking the hands close to the eyes may cause temporary irritation. In case of contact, rinse the eyes thoroughly with water.
- Never inhale the smell or intake it accidentally. It is hazardous. Consult a doctor if such a circumstance arises.
Read all the instructions carefully before applying the product. Also, pay attention to the expiry date while purchasing it.
How to Make Polygel at Home?
Aren’t you curious about what slip solution is made of? To understand this, you first need to know how polygel is made. It is made of gel nail polish and acrylic. The alternatives to the slip solution are the DIY versions of the solution.
- Water can be the easiest way to replace any market-made solution.
- From the other alternatives, you can use an alcoholic hand sanitizer, vodka, acetone-free nail polish remover, etc.
Though slip solution is the widely preferred way to curate and shape polygel nails, it is not handy! Trying other alternatives of polygel slip solutions will save you time and money. You can now play with your nails craft anytime you like. Try one to witness the magical result!
Slip Solution Alternative-FAQ’s
Can Water Act as an Alternative to Polygel Slip Solution?
* Yes, absolutely! Water is the handiest alternative to the slip solution.
* If you no other thing in mind, water is the ideal way.
Can Acetone Be an Alternative to Slip Solution for Polygel?
* No, acetone is not an ideal slip solution alternative.
* You can use an acetone free nail polish remover as a substitute.
Is Monomer Compatible With Polygel?
* At the time of using such acrylics, you must use monomer dust.
* Some people are against using it due to the loose texture which may spread in air while applying.
Can I Use Water as a Polygel?
* No, water is runny in texture while polygel is a gummy concentrated solution.
* So, when you pour a drop of water on your nail it will not stay put!
How to Use Alcohol Instead of a Slip Solution?
* You can use rubbing alcohol as a slip solution.
* The method of application will be the same.
Why Should I Use Alcohol Wipes for My Gel Nails?
* Alcohol wipes are the easiest and the cheapest way to remove those tacky coats of gel polish.
* Alcohol wipes are therefore, most loved.